Sunday 29 May 2016

100,000 youths to be register for rice production in Kano

Kano State Government on Sunday, promised to register no fewer than 100, 000 youths to participate in rice production in this year's farming season.


The Governor, Dr Abdullahi Ganduje, made the promise while addressing a Town Hall Meeting in Kano.

According to reports by NAN the meeting was organised by the state government to celebrate this year’s Democracy Day.



He said that the state government had commenced registration of interested youths with a view to giving them the necessary support before the commencement of farming activities in full swing.

According to him, the state government has concluded arrangements to support the youths with fertilizer, improved seeds and other necessary agricultural input.

He said the initiative was in line with the Federal Government’s commitment to diversify the economy.

The governor assured farmers in the state that the state Agricultural Supply Company (KASCO) would supply them with adequate fertilizer this planting season.

According to him, the company has since commenced blending of the fertilizer in commercial quality.

Ganduje told the people that Kebbi government recently ordered 240 trucks of fertilizer from the company, which had already been delivered.

He called on farmers in the state to take advantage of the availability of the commodity to boost food production in the state and the country at large.

Ganduje also urged the unemployed, particularly the youth, to embrace farming to enhance their socio-economic status and boost production.

(NAN)

7 comments:

  1. My coder is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP.

    I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses.
    But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on a number of websites for about a year and
    am anxious about switching to another platform. I have heard good things about blogengine.net.

    Is there a way I can import all my wordpress
    content into it? Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey would you mind letting me know which web host you're utilizing?

    I've loaded your blog in 3 different internet browsers and
    I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most.
    Can you recommend a good hosting provider at a honest price?
    Many thanks, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muy buenas! me ha agradado mucho esta nota, creo haber tomadobuena anotacion, amo Tailandia y espero ir en breve me quedo chequeando alguna mas, me sumo a esperar las novedades,
    muchas gracias

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there, just become alert to your blog thru Google, and found that it's truly informative.
    I'm going to watch out for brussels. I'll appreciate in case you
    proceed this in future. Lots of folks will be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the
    pictures aren't loading properly. I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I've tried it in two different web browsers and
    both show the same results.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's up, itѕ pleasant paragraph аbout media print,
    ѡe alⅼ know media is a impressive source ߋf fаcts.

    ReplyDelete