Wednesday 11 May 2016

I don't need apology i need our assets

President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday said he is more interested in repatriating Nigeria’s stolen assets than any apology from British Prime Minister, David Cameron, following sour remarks ahead of the Anti – Corruption Summit in London.

He said this during a question and answer session with journalists after delivering a keynote address on “Why We Must Tackle Corruption Together” at a pre-summit conference of development partners, the Commonwealth Enterprise and Investment Council, Transparency International and other civil society groups.


The President said Britain should be prepared to hand over to Nigeria assets left by former government officials, as he had nothing to do with apologies.

He maintained that what was uppermost in his mind was the return of assets and funds stacked away in Britain and other countries back to Nigeria.

“I am not going to demand an apology from anybody. All I will demand is the return of assets.

“I have already mentioned how Britain really led and how disgraceful one of the Nigerian executives was, he had to dress like a woman to leave Britain and leave behind his bank account and fixed assets, which Britain is prepared to handover to us.

“This is what I am asking for, what will I do with apology; I need something tangible,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment